Hesho Serray’s Success Overnight
Hi Hesho! We were truly impressed by your exhibition with us at Affordable Art Fair Stockholm in April! What was your experience of the exhibition?
– Hello! This was my first exhibition ever and I got it thanks to Artist Arena. I didn’t really know what to expect before attending. Once there, I really loved to join the other artists and just soak in the creative atmosphere of so many talented artists! I am so happy that people came to watch and buy my art. A dream came true!
You sold an impressive 9 original works in 5 days, showing 2 works at a time. Congratulations! Did you expect this incredible response?
– No, I couldn’t imagine that the response would be so positive! To be able to meet the wonderful people that decided to buy my art, talking about what feeling it evoked and where they would hang them humbled me. I am thankful for meeting them live!
From here and onwards, what are your next goals for your artistry?
– After the great response I am more confident in my style and won’t stop exploring myself as an artist. My goal is to be able to show my art in different environments and hopefully give my pieces new homes. I am also working on a new collection that will be available on my website, have my art shown in some magazines, spaas, showrooms and more! I have an exciting time ahead!
If you could, what would be your advice to an emerging artist, trying to get up and going with exposing and selling their art?
– Allow space for discovery and uncertainty in your life! Do it for yourself first of all! Explore, try the styles that fit you best! Don’t have to be perfect, grow with your art and love it, it’s a part of you! Be proud of what you create and dare to show it to the public. When you love your art, others will feel that positive energy and love it as well.
Today, you have a very particular expression. For a starting out artist, what would be your advice for them – to help them find their unique style?
– I found my expression by trying many different styles and techniques. And when I felt that it flowed naturally, made me calm and gave a sense of “me” in it- I started to explore more. And without noticing it, step by step, I found my expression and it suddenly felt like yes, it was always there within me. I just didn’t have the tools to bring it to canvas. My advice is to not set any limitations for yourself, have no rules and just take a step and the other step will unfold naturally.